Apprenticeship training on Chemical Laboratory Assistant (18 months course)
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a scheme of Government of India to provide financial support to establishments undertaking the apprenticeship training. NAPS was launched on 19th August 2016. The Apprenticeship Program in India under the Apprenticeship Act 1961 is implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) at the National level. Apprenticeship training is a course of training in an industry or establishment, under a contract of apprenticeship which consists of :- a) basic training component and b) on-the-job-training (OJT)/practical training at workplace.
Objectives of NAPS
- To promote apprenticeship training in the country.
- To provide financial support to establishments to undertake apprenticeship programs.
Eligibility criteria Apprentice must fulfill the following:
- Should be Graduate degree in any stream
- Apprentice must be registered on the Apprenticeship portal.
- Apprentice must have an Aadhaar number
Minimum stipend to be paid to an apprentice As per the Apprenticeship Rules (amended 2019), Rs. 9000 per month (fixed) stipend to be paid to Graduate apprentices or degree apprentices or degree in any stream.